Sunday, April 4, 2010

you will be missed my friend...

Typically, I try to use my blog to post about professional events only...but today was too traumatic and if writing this helps ever so slightly then that's what I'll do.

This afternoon, Sarah and I lost a dear friend...our first cat together, Fahrenheit. I won't/can't get into the traumatic details, but after sitting in the lobby of the Pet/Animal Emergency Care for hours, Fahrenheit stopped breathing. Perhaps even more terrifying than this morning's events was that Sarah was literally just a few feet from the same possible fate.

I've grown up with animals all my life and am a strong believer in the power of companionship that pets offer their owners. So, I guess it is no surprise that today it feels like a family member has been taken from me.

You will be missed my friend, studio-buddy, and nap-partner.



Fahrenheit - the first night home with us.

2 comments:

Barb said...

So sorry gary. Glad Sarah is okay.

Gary Schott said...

Thanks, Barb.