Friday, September 4, 2009

new works for LEAP...


impatient shoes, brooch

helping hand, brooch

come here, brooch

beating heart, brooch


Here they are...four new pieces currently on display at the Society for Contemporary Craft in Pittsburgh. I am finishing a fifth piece as we speak and will have it photographed and a brief video before I leave on Tuesday. So, next week, I leave Tuesday for Pennsylvania to present and lead a quick workshop at Edinboro University with Sue Amendolara's and Cappy Counard's advanced students on Wed and then Thursday I head over to Pittsburgh & to the SCC to give a presentation as this year's LEAP award recipient. This may be exciting to some (hearing me talk) but I'm excited that the juror, Gail M. Brown, will also be giving a brief talk about her attitude towards contemporary craft and how that relates to her selection of me as the award recipient. She is such a nice woman and so very intelligent...it's always a pleasure to be in her company.

Anyhoo, above are images of the new works and I'll add all the videos and images of the fifth new piece before I leave on Tuesday. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Have a great trip and a great time. Congrats again.
Love the Come Here brooch, btw.

Gary Schott said...

Thanks, Barbara...I've uploaded video to my website of all four brooches...check 'em out!