Tuesday, August 25, 2009

where has the time gone?

wow...August has flown by so far and shows no intentions to slow down through the end...

I think this is mostly due to the fact that I am finishing new works for the LEAP award exhibition at the Society of Contemporary Craft...I will be giving a public presentation on September 10 @ 6PM... And while I am visiting the wonderful state of Pennsylvania, I am also going to visit with Sue Amendolara, Cappy Counard and their advanced students, too, at Edinboro University on September 9...I'll be give a short version of my presentation and then I'll lead them through a fast-paced exploration of simple mechanical movement using nothing but easily manipulated and available materials (matt board, basswood, brass wire, glue). We'll be exploring levers, cranks, cams and linkages.

So, just to tease a bit, below is a model I made from matt-board of one of the new wearable playthings designs...the little hand is carved from basswood.



model of helping hand - wearable plaything


No comments: