Tuesday, July 1, 2008


It was truly a highlight of my life, June 21st, to have been the best-man for my long-time friend Will Yoder. We have known each other since middle school and have shared countless experiences.

The best thing about great friendships is that they continue to grow and strengthen, no matter how far away, no matter how much time passes between visits.

To briefly recap my speech at the wedding:
It was especially significant that I was Will's best-man, seeing as that I was the sole individual that stood alongside Will, the first time he ever laid his eyes upon Lizzie.

It was summertime, and we were both home for the summer during undergrad. We were at Will's parent's now old house, planning to see an afternoon matinee, when Will's mother informed us that she had volunteered our services to entertain a lovely young lady whom had just moved back to the Green Bay area.

Being the "nice" guys we are, we had her meet us at the movie theatre.

As we purchased three tickets for "Terminator 3" (truly a romantic movie), I could see sparks between the two of them immediately. In fact, as we took our seats, Will placed himself in the middle, so as to have Lizzie to himself on his right side.

And I thought how great it was that as we all sat at the head table at the wedding, the three of us were again sitting in the same order, as we did that day at the movie theater, five years ago.

Will, Lizzie, I wish you both the best of luck on your life together!




Photographer: Kim Klein Photography

No comments: