Saturday, July 12, 2008



As I prepare to head to Austin, with Sarah, looking for a place to live and set up a studio, I thought I'd spend some concentrated time researching some other metal/jewelry artists working out of Austin. So, after going to an aquantanence of mine's website (Lisa Crowder) and checking out her links page , I came across Baby Jane, created and run by Stephanie Lindsey. I immediately loved her colorful and whimsical works! She's using old postcards and resin, set into silver settings. The imagery is fantastic! As a fellow jewelry artist that likes to work with images, this probably comes as no suprise to those of you who know me (see my cut-out brooch series).

Keep up the great work and I look forward to possibly getting a chance to meet you, Stephanie.

appropriate labeling for the above works is (top to bottom):
girl in pompom hat pin/ pendant
San Francisco skyline earrings







No comments: