Monday, February 15, 2010

PLAY TIME!

Well, if last week wasn't busy enough, the morning that Bruce Metcalf left San Antonio, I also began teaching a two-day workshop about simple mechanical motion. The students worked on constructing a simple gear box in which/on which we added other mechanims - shafts, bearings, cranks, levers, cams, followers. I think they all got a basic understanding of how these mechanisms work and everyone had fun.

If you're interested in taking a similar class, I will be offering another this summer...it will be a two-day workshop again. And this coming fall, I intend to offer my first term-long course about making simple mechanical objects.

Thanks again, Maggie, Irene, Louis, Claudia, Steven, Miki, Betsy, and Mary Lee - you were all great students.

No comments: