Thursday, January 15, 2009

NEXT ICONOCLASTS

As a participant, I'm happy to announce the opening of NEXT ICONOCLASTS tonight. This exhibition features the work of emerging craft artists in the US, curated by Gail M. Brown. The exhibition is being held at the Hoffman Gallery of the Oregon College of Art and Craft and runs through Feb 22, 2009. I'm doubly dissapointed I won't be attending the opening (too much to do here) because not only would I love to see all of the work in person, but Gail is always a pleasure to talk with.



I do hope there will be some sort of catalog from this...guess I should go back and check the contract...at the very least hopefully OCAC will have images of all participants online for people to view, along with installation views...hint, hint!



If you'd like to sample another exhibition that Gail M. Brown curated, click the following link for the exhibition, titled, " Girls Play Games." Involved with the exhibition were many artists that I am fond of, including Renee Zettle-Sterling, Mary Hallam Pearse, and my friend and colleague Natalya Pinchuk.

No comments: