Sunday, December 7, 2008


Woohoo! Just thought I'd show a little video of my latest "research." I've been wanting to implement intermittent motion into some of my works in the future and this video is a simple hand-cranked version made from matt-board and wood. This example and more to come hopefully will be helpful when I teach two workshops this coming spring about simple mechanical motion for artists at Art League, Houston and through AMOA.

Also, a few days ago, as I was day dreaming while driving to San Antonio, I received a phone call letting me know that I am one of the finalists for the LEAP award through the Society for Contemporary Craft in PA...that'll brighten up a boring drive!

2 comments:

Barb said...

That is GREAT! Congratulations.

Shankster said...

Awesome news! Glad to hear good things are happening for you Gary!!